SHOWA DURACOIL SERIES®
Since the revision of the PPE regulations in 2016, a market-wide downgrade in EN 388 and ANSI 105 cut level scores for re-certified products led to general purpose gloves for medium-low risks decreased from cut level 5-C/A3 to 5-B/A2 and under. At SHOWA, we believe in value for money, safety and comfort. Research shows that many workers use general purpose gloves with low cut resistance levels – the former EN 388 and ANSI cut 5 being B/ A2. Risks of injuries increase and worker’s safety is jeopardised.
SHOWA saw these changes as an opportunity to seriously evaluate our products offered and our customer relationships, asking ourselves: Do our customers really want the cheapest hand-protection solution or the best value for money?
WHAT IS DURACOIL TECHNOLOGY?
The liner is engineered by tightly wrapping multifilament polyester around a cut resistant fiber, then reinforcing it with High-Performance Polyethylene, also known as HPPE. The technique is very important to user comfort; if not done correctly, the fibers will irritate the skin. This therefore creates a premium lightweight yarn that offers comfort, durability and an increased cut protection.
The name of our new technical innovation used in the liners of our DURACoil products comprises of 2 words:
1. DURABLE = the gloves are designed for maximum comfort, to be worn for extended periods of time for a wide range of medium-low risk applications
2. COIL = the wrapping technique where fibers are coiled around the other in layers, thereby increasing the level of resistance
IMAGINE ALL YOU CAN DO WITH A CONSOLIDATED CUT SERIES
- Good resistance against cuts, snags and tears
- Upgraded mechanical risk protection for general purpose activities
- Soft, lightweight and ultra-comfortable with no skin irritation
- Excellent fit and dexterity
- Increased productivity with durable protection for multipurpose & cut risks
- Consistent high quality & unmatched level of service