SHOWA’s commitment to domestic manufacturing is stronger than ever. Our company is currently adding 4 high-speed monorail lines to our Fayette, AL operation. This increase in capacity will allow SHOWA to supply even more frontline workers across various critical industries with USA-made products utilizing domestic materials and our USA workforce.
For 50 years, SHOWA has employed American workers and provided reliable supplies of essential PPE (single-use Nitrile) gloves to local, state, federal, and military entities across the United States. Our commitment to American-made excellence and to creating good jobs for Americans is unwavering.
While COVID-19 protection is the primary focus, SHOWA targets all domestic requirements and uses for single-use nitrile gloves.
SHOWA GLOVE INC. TO INCREASE DOMESTIC GLOVE MANUFACTURING
SHOWA gloves support “Buy American” at a time when the U.S. needs to keep as many American manufacturing jobs at home as possible while also creating job and business growth opportunities. More than 95% of COVID-19 gloves are currently manufactured in Asia (predominantly China, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand). Less than 1% of all PPE is manufactured in North America overall.
Foreign production and distribution disruptions from these countries (supply chain issues, quality of production, trade wars, etc.) are pressing concerns. U.S. frontline workers will need the support of domestic manufacturers to keep citizens safe and healthy.
We can rise to meet this unprecedented challenge if we focus now on fortifying our ability to respond to the pandemic and future outbreaks like it. It starts by producing and buying American essential personal protective equipment (PPE).
- SHOWA new factory can house 4 high speed monorail lines; therefore, we can gear up, without interruption, taking capacity to 1.2Bn gloves per year to our front line workers and other domestic demand.
- We have Multiple production locations across the US that can enable us to expand even further depending on economic factors and strong domestic demand for USA PPE will drive our way forward.
- We create American jobs that will protect America’s frontline workforce against Covid, Viruses, Bloodborne Pathogens etc.
- The silver lining is SHOWA is committed to producing domestic-made products, hiring USA workers to make the products, and finally distributing the products throughout our vast network of partners throughout America.
SHOWA HIGH SPEED MONORAIL LINE TO SERVICE USA DOMESTIC SUPPLY
- The expansion of our existing Fayette, AL manufacturing (state-of-the-art) monorail, single-use nitrile production to meet domestic needs against a myriad of everyday hazards and unpredictable disasters.
- 600,000 gloves per day
- 4M gloves per week
- 39,000 dispensers per week (100 gloves)
- 200M gloves per year
- Biodegradable technology platform integrated
INNOVATION DRIVING SUCCESS: SHOWA DEVELOPED THE WORLD’S FIRST SINGLE-USE NITRILE
SHOWA is currently the only U.S. manufacturers and distributors of Nitrile, single-use PPE gloves and operating in Fayette, AL for 50 years. SHOWA invented the world’s first single-use nitrile glove linked to the AIDS pandemic and allergic reactions when some humans are exposed to natural latex rubber in the early 1990’s.
Currently, our strategic expansion in single-use manufacturing ensures a large domestic capacity of the product to keep America protected in the direst circumstances. Guided by our founding principles, we are deeply invested in employing USA workers and the protection of USA workers – with over 70 years of experience.
SHOWA rivals all others with patented innovations that have changed the landscape of PPE with landmark R&D. We protect humans across the globe by providing the highest quality hand protection with precision.
WHAT MAKES SHOWA’S SINGLE-USE NITRILE DIFFERENT
SHOWA’S ECO BEST TECHNOLOGY (EBT) is the only Biodegradable Single-Use Nitrile Made In America.
SHOWA is currently the only U.S. manufacturer and distributor of Nitrile, single-use PPE gloves and operating in Fayette, AL since 1991.
- SHOWA invested the world first single-use nitrile glove link to the AIDS pandemic at that time.
- Developed in 2012, EBT pushed the possibility of a sustainable, environmentally sound solution in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- SHOWA is the industry leader in providing biodegradable hand protection across diverse industries.
- Our gloves offer the same quality, performance, and protection but are better for the planet.
- ALL of our domestic-made nitrile products will have EBT in the compound so that our commitment to earth-friendly manufacturing practices stands firm.
Made In America: Why it Pays to Buy Local
- Commercial aviation between Asia and the USA amounted to 44 million metric tons of CO2 emissions in 2019.
- 95% of protective glove are currently manufactured in Asia, compared to just 1% in the USA.
- The environmental impact of shipping these gloves to the USA is huge.
- International shipping CO2 emissions outlook worldwide 2019-2030 breakout in metric tons:
- 2019 – 710
- 2020 – 648
- 2025 – 709
- 2030 – 658
- Made in America SHOWA gloves will not only create 100 NEW JOBS and expand SHOWA’s Fayette annual production to 1.2 billion gloves, the will also reduce shipping costs, time and CO2 emissions.