Protective Gloves For Mining And Quarrying
SHOWA mining gloves have been tested and proven to offer extreme protection for critical hand impact points without hindering productivity.
Why Quality Mining Gloves are Critical for Your Team
Although mining gloves provide protection from hand injuries they’re exposed to, mineworkers skip wearing them because they impede their efficacy. Some of the risks they expose their hands to include:
- Abrasions, cuts, and lacerations: Moving parts of mining machines can result in amputated fingers, hands, and arms.
- UV Radiation: Prolonged exposure to UV radiation in open-pit mines results in conditions like melanoma which has been proven to cause skin cancer.
- Chemical hazards: Cleaning and organic solvents and metalworking chemicals are a few examples of the chemical hazards mine workers are exposed to without quality gloves.
- Harmful dust: Without mining gloves, fine particles from coal and other materials in mine deposits can penetrate the skin and enter the blood, causing allergic reactions, infections, and systemic toxicity.
- Thermal stress: It can get extremely hot in mines. The heat is dangerous for naked hands, while the cold can cause one to go numb, affecting productivity.
Unfortunately, when a hand injury occurs, your company will bear the related financial burden as well as lawsuits should the injured worker decide to pursue legal action.
Why You Should Glove Up with SHOWA
SHOWA mining gloves are the cream of the crop because:
Superior Hand Protection
As a company committed to continuous PPE innovation, our mining gloves are designed by a team of highly-skilled industry experts who work tirelessly to ensure each glove we bring to the market offers extreme abrasion and cut resistance, and utmost impact protection from hazardous mining operations at all times.
We focus on developing mining gloves your staff will enjoy wearing. Each glove is durable, breathable, and adheres to the shape of the hand for ideal comfort and tactility.
All Types of Mining Gloves Under One Roof
SHOWA is a one-stop-shop for all your mining glove needs. From cut-, abrasion-, impact-, and grease-resistant gloves, we have mining gloves that meet your specific mining and equipment-handling requirements.
Mining with Confidence
Our mission is to keep mineworkers safe and comfortable. We’ve stayed true to it since 1951 and we’ll continue to do so in the future. Hand safety isn’t just our job—it’s in our history.